Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A leading question? (or) Leading to a question?

I want to ask a question in hopes that some will see and answer.
I look around me and see life in all directions and cannot follow the chains.
Everyone's linked by means of living and breathing the same precious air.
One step in any direction finds ground trod by another who left a tiny imprint of themselves.
What soul left this imprint before me I cannot know, but I am honored to know that soul has shared this ground.
There is evil in the works of men and yet there is good to be seen.

I am a man of simple things.
I am a man who's known the ugly rage of war.
I am a man who's seen the glory of another's giving soul in a time that could well have made them pay dearly for being decent and loving.
I am a man who most often sees the good in life and is known the optimist, though I am only just a man.
I am a man who has known pain of loss, of broken heart, of misstep, of sickness, of evil taking it's toll on the good.
I am a man who truly believes that illicit drugs are being circulated in acts of terrorism upon the lives of my country and my world.
I am a man who has seen things he refuses to review, even in his mind.
I am a man who knows true joy and sees it daily by grace.
I am a man who knows the unchained love of the only woman who could ever be.
I am a man who knows the wonder of children and the warmth of seeing them become adults to take up the world for their own cause.
I am a man who knows the melting peace of looking into his Grandchildren's eyes and knowing that his Children have done far better than fair.
I am a man who will not give up.
I will not give up on seeing another up a hill.
I will not give up on my fellow man coming to his senses.
I will not give up on my country putting it's people first.
I will not give up on my friends, even when they should wish it.
I will not stop! I will not give in! I will LIVE and I will share it with with the world that any who'd care to, could only reach out and take of it.
I will go on, for I am a driven man.
I am just a man.

I wonder who you are fair reader.
I wonder where this finds you today.
I wonder how your battle holds.
I wonder not of the stories of your past, but what they've made of your present.
I wonder if you might have been one of the souls that I've looked upon to give me strength when the world seemed so wrong to me back when.
I wonder if you too know the true reality, that life is not about breathing, but rather living.
I wonder if you understand living by the same terms as myself. In my world, to live is to laugh, to love, to care and to share it all.

We are all different people. We all have different stories. We all have different goals and dreams. We are all different people who were created equal. We are all different people who will one day die as equal as we were created.

Who are you?

No comments: