Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This pen
My staff
I'm steady

This page
My path
I'm ready

With weary eyes
And heavy feet
I limp along my way

Within me churning
A stoked fire burning
I look back across my days

Ahead the clearing withers
The pathway drawing in
I shift my laden weight
Tired feet their chore begin

The sky above me empty
No bird or cloud nor dark or light
Here there is no music
Nor is there news of day or night

Though the path is no more trod
Onward now and straight I go
I feel no brambles tear me
As my blood begins to flow

I feel no pain just heavy
As my sight my mind unsews
The pool my greatest burden
My body still in tow

Murky waters sloshing freely
Across their guarded shores
No air upon my face
I trod it's depths once more

My pathway finds me here
At this place it sent me to
This day I step no further
For it's here my deeds must do

2 comments:

maggie said...

That's dark and sombre Frank. We're missing you at HG. Take care!
(Have you ever thought to publish your poetry?)

Freaky_Frank said...

TY

Yes, I did once and though I am published, it was quite the painful experience, so I've not taken the trip for another shot.