Monday, June 15, 2009

Dreams

Often our dreams lead us on one chosen path or another. More often it seems our dreams lie dormant, in need of sunshine, water and care, until they simply wither away. I just can't let that happen.

I've been working toward something for a few years now that's finally to a point that I need to get some finances saved up and kick it off in earnest.

See, I've been slowly building my reputation for my work for some time now and it's starting to pay off. I've got people wanting me to go in business and live out my little dream.

Technically, I am already in business as I'm certified and recognized by the US gvt. I've still got to get my city, county, and state licenses, along with my state certification (only lacking funding and it's done) before I can open up in earnest. Then I've got to make a couple compliance changes to my home (no cash required) and I'm off. Oh and I have to pay $5000 occupational tax!!!! but that can wait until I've been officially open for six months.

Now I've got to decide to take on the stress of making sure I have all my licenses and other ducks in a row (quite the undertaking for my field). Thing is, I just can't back down. I've got to do it. I've got to do it fully before the year's out or I'll have to re certify federal. I really can't afford it and don't know how I'm going to do it, but let it be known that I'm NOT backing down from my own dare.

This is something I've wanted to do for more years than I care to admit, but if you wonder what's got me kicked into gear for the final drive, simply read my previous post. I can't keep up with my current career AND maintain my health, so it's off to the races or back to the paddocks. The paddocks smell like old horse.

Wish me luck or regret having taken the time to read, but either way, I do appreciate your reading eyes.

Let's go chase down some paperwork and figure out what each fee is so I can start the kitty jar.

No comments: