Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Pappy's Day!!!!

First off, let me say this is a cheater post as I've already posted this in my favorite forum Homestead Garden

Happy Father's day to the Father's here and to the Father's of those here as well as the Father's of those here's Children.

It really is just another day on the calender, but it's a special one. Every day has it's special moments (every single moment at that), but some days are good reminders. Today is and was one. Father's day is a reminder of just how grand our days really are, and I am thankful for each and every day I've had on this earth to be called Father, Dad, Daddy, Deddy, Granpa or Grandfather. It's a gift I do not deserve and a blessing I could never show enough thanks for.

I have many names I'm proud of:
Brother
Friend
Neighbor
Grandson
Husband
Captain (past tense)
Engineer (past tense)
Crew Chief (past tense)
Airman (past tense)
Sargent (past tense)
Nephew
Cousin
and many more over the years, but
NONE is a greater source of pride than Daddy.

I'm thankful to all the Mother's out their without whom we'd none be called Daddy.
I'm thankful to all the great Daddy's out there that sat and set the bar so high.
Most of all, I'm thankful to my Father, The Father, for this gift called Fatherhood.




We went to Alabama Adventure today (never been and not the kind of thing we do often) and I didn't even get to ride the first roller coaster (confessed coaster nut here), speed machine, adrenaline inducer or the like, and I couldn't be happier. I rode every single ride that I did ride with my Daughter Christina, and I couldn't be happier.

It was HOT HOT HOT, so we spent most of the day in the water ride side of the park and it was great fun. Just spending a day with my Daughter doing something she really wanted to do was fun. Mostly, just doing something on the spur of the moment with family with no regret was fun. This was planned for all of about 4 hours and we just up and did it. Loaded the neighbors up as well and off we went. It was grand and I am a grateful Dad.

Our best to all and may your tomorrow be as grand as my today.

No comments: