Monday, May 04, 2009

Explanations (I do answer, I just might be a day or two late)

Along our way through life, we are constantly changing. Many things come full circle on us in a hurry. Others simply 'grow' to new aspects or whole new ideas, visions, outlooks or methods.

When we're young, we want it all. We want the fancy car (or truck in my case) the clothes that don't look like hand me downs when in fact they are and we should have been proud to have such. We had grand designs for our lives. Some of us were going to be doctors, lawyers, big business people and so on. Some made it to those goals. Others of us didn't either because our outlook changed or we never had the means (or BOTH). Count me in the later number.

I've had more than I needed and I've needed more than I have. You work and work to have, only to lose in one fashion or another.

Now I live by my ancestor's philosophy. Simplicity.
Have what you have, want what you want, but enjoy what is while keeping what you want as just that. Want it, but don't kill over trying to achieve something that's not going to bring happiness. To sum it up, be happy with what you have and happily take on what comes available as it does. That's the basis of simple life. Simply live. Living means loving and spreading joy.

Live, laugh, love and share all three.

4 comments:

maggie said...

More wise words! It seems so easy really.....and hard to understand why more people don't see it that same way. Hopefully these tough times we are in now will open eyes to the goodness and joys of simple living.

Freaky_Frank said...

Thank you for commenting.

Yes, I couldn't agree more. Times are tough across the board. It's the perfect time to start enjoying life a little and stop worrying so much.

Tell ya what, let's make it out for what it is and start calling it Peaceful Living. Wha-da-ya-say?

maggie said...

Mmmm! That's good. And I quite like "Deliberate Living" too. Purposeful and focused....positively!

Freaky_Frank said...

ah ha! I like! as it certainly is.